Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Laney's Sesame Street Birthday Party

We had Laney's 2nd Birthday Party this past Sunday.  It turned out to be a ton of fun!  Last year as I was planning her 1st birthday party, Kyle asked me if we were always going to make such a fuss about her birthday.  I said of course not, I'm doing this one up big cause it's her FIRST birthday.  And I really thought that would be true, until all these ideas kept popping into my head for this year's party.  I just really had fun being creative and making it something Laney would love.  
And she did, her reaction to seeing everything when she woke up from her nap was priceless and almost made me tear up a little.  
Man, I really love my sweet girl!
Here's a glimpse into the par-tay!
Enjoy!

The goody bags.
The birthday mantel and banner.
The spread . . . we had pizza too, but I didn't take a pic of it.
I was so totally pleased with how her cake turned out.  
It was done by Jill's Cakes and Bakes.
Here's the back, Burt was on there too, but I didn't get a great picture of him.
Nonna grabbing a quick squeeze. 
Emmy and Uncle Kyle
Elmo waving Hello!
Mindy and Dekota (and another banner)
Eating pizza at the kid's table.
Big bird is taller than Mimi and my dogs are scared to death of him!
The girls loved him though, in fact he got lots of hugs and kisses.
There were lots of ballons at the party. You should have seen me stuffing them in my car after I got them filled.  I couldn't even see to back out in the parking lot.  I'm sure there were people laughing at me!  Oh well, the things we do for our kids, right?
Laney and La La!
Ben and Uncle B.
Um, can we open presents now?
Ooooh!
She was a little shy at first, but she warmed up pretty quickly.
 
It helped that we had HJ there with us.
New hat and shoes - so cool!
Look what I got Mimi and G!
Tellin' Mimi about something silly!
Nonna and Pa gave Laney her first "bicycle" as she says.  And it's pink and can carry your dolls!



She loves it!
HJ got a turn too! Have you ever seen such cute pig tails?
Running!
And more running, which is how she fell and got her first real boo boo :(
At the end of the night, telling Papa goodbye.  See her boo boo under her nose?  Sweet girl!

Thanks to everybody who came, for all the presents, and for all who grabbed my camera and took pictures for me 
(LA LA)!
It was so fun - I still can't believe my girl is gonna be 2!

5 comments:

The Hanak's said...

I can't believe she's 2!!! What a beautiful girl you guys have!

Chad and Mollie Hayes said...

Audrey, seriously! you need to get into the party planning business. That was too cute!! Happy bday Laney!!

kenzie said...

Oh my goodness...soooo cute. Loved the decor. Happy Birthday Laney!!

Liz said...

Hi. I am having a Sesame Street party for my 2 year old daughter soon. I saw this on Pinterest. Did you make the banner yourself or buy it somewhere? Looks like a fun party!

Audrey Jones said...

Hi Liz,
I did make the banner myself and it was a very fun party. Everything turned out like I wanted it too. I hope you guys have a great birthday party too!