Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Love of Christmas Cards

            I know, it's not even Thanksgiving, but - I'm trying to actually be ahead on a few things this year in an effort to be able to slow down and just really enjoy the Christmas season.  Last year I was literally, frantically, wrapping presents on Christmas Eve minutes before the person receiving the gift opened it.
So, I've been working on our Christmas cards for this year.  I LOVE Christmas cards, I love sending them, I love going to the mailbox and opening each one, and I love displaying them.  I'm not kidding when I say - I have kept every Christmas card that I have received since being married.  Every year, when we (I mean Kyle) get out the Christmas boxes I pull out my cards from over the years and look through them.  It's fun to see how families have grown and children have changed and it's also sentimental to read the ones from people who have passed on.  But most of all I love the celebration from so many families of my savior's birth and all that goes along with it.
Are you getting ready for Christmas or what?

Here are a few fun ideas for displaying Christmas cards:
This was my display in Christmas 2008.  Not the best picture, but it's all I have.  I just hang ribbon and paper clip or tape the cards on there.  It's like my very own Christmas card curtains!
(By the way I still don't have any curtains on those windows, pitiful - I know)


This is similar to what I have done, but I think it looks better. 


I also like these too.  They both display the cards nicely and would look good even with less cards on them.


If I had a stair case, this is how I would display my cards - I love this!

So, anyway I hope I have given you some inspiration.  If you want oodles and oodles of more Christmas decorating ideas just go to Pinterest.  That's where I got these pictures.  

And if you want some awesome Christmas cards let me suggest that you check out Tiny Prints.  That's where I'm getting mine this year!  


Well, y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving and remember to put me on your Christmas card list ;)

1 comment:

TheHouseWifeRookie said...

It's soooo funny you are posting this! I just started writing a post too about my love for Christmas cards!!! It's one of the best things about the season...going to the mailbox everyday waiting for those envelopes. love it!