Monday, April 15, 2013

Disney World - Travel day

Where to even begin!?!  
I've been thinking about this post for a couple of weeks now.  What to say, what to include, how much to include?  What would we enjoy looking back at, and what would we want to remember?  So after much contemplation I came up with a plan. I'll do several posts, one for each day of our vacation.  I know that seems excessive, but I want to remember it and be able to include the pictures that I want to and most of all I want Laney (as well as our whole family) to be able to look back on it as a journal and photo album of our memories.  So here we go!


Travel Day: Let's go to Disney World!!!

We all planned to leave from our own homes around 8am on Saturday.  I think we did pretty good for us!  The main goal was to get to our hotel by around 5 or so and that's pretty much what we did :)  Kyle and Emmy rode with Kyle, me and Laney, Kale and Liz rode with Nonna and Pa, Ben, Shanda and HJ rode in their car, Didi and Larry were in their car and India and Michael flew from NYC to Orlando.  
Once we got there, we checked out our hotel, Port Orleans Riverside.  We really enjoyed our stay here.  The grounds were absolutely beautiful, the food was great and we enjoyed riding the ferry boat to Downtown Disney.




Laney fell in love right away! She thought it was super cool to have her "own big bed" and her "own phone."  She really didn't want to leave the hotel at first!


Once we convinced her there was more to see, she put on her Repunzel gown and we headed outside to look around while we waited for everybody else to arrive and settle in.

By the time everybody was there and settled in (except for Michael and India - they arrived later that night) we were starving and headed to Downtown Disney for dinner.  We rode the ferry boat from our hotel.  
We had heard great things about Downtown Disney and we were excited to check it out, but so was everybody else and their brother.  It was Saturday night and insanely crowded, we were hungry and the waits were long and we thought the bus back to our hotel (we were too late to ride the ferry back) would NEVER come!  It was probably the most unenjoyable part of our vacation.  It was a neat place and we did enjoy the shops and looking around but I think we were just a little too tired from traveling and it just wasn't the best time to go.  We did get back eventually and everybody geared up for our first park day!


2 comments:

TheHouseWifeRookie said...

I can't wait to read the rest! So much fun!

Shanda McCloskey said...

And poor little me went to the emergency room at 1am (hoping not to have to miss and Disney time the next day) for my ear infection, waited 2 hours and left (there were still 7 people ahead of me) opting for some sleep instead :)

I sure did add a lot of drama to this trip, didn't I? Good grief! :) SO thankful I felt better the next day and that it was me that was sickish and not our little princesses!

Great recap, Audge!