We ventured out one Saturday to go hiking at Pine Log Creek in Waleska (not too far from our house). Hiking is one of Daddy's favorite things to do so he is eager to enstill this love of nature and getting outdoors with Laney. So far so good. She loved it and did a really great job. She hiked the flat parts by herself and if it got too steep she asked to ride on her daddy's shoulder's (and he could still hike faster than me, even with a toddler on his shoulders!) We really had a great time. The weather was perfect and the leaves were just starting to turn.
Once we got to the spot we were going to have lunch Kyle put up his new camping hammock. He was really talking it up, about how I was going to love it and how neat it is.
And I was like "yeah, sure babe - it sounds great" but I really didn't realize all the benefits until . . .
This happened! Laney-bird fell asleep on me. It was awesome - I had an amazing view of fall trees, blue sky, a little breeze to rock us just enough and my sweet girl snoozing away. So, yeah honey- it's a great hammok and it must be taken along on every hiking/camping trip we ever take with kids!
I also had this beautiful lake right beside me as we napped/chilled out.
It was an old quarry that filled up with water. The pictures don't do it justice. It's really vey quaint and pretty.
hiking with her daddy
And last, one of her favorite parts. The skinniest little bridge we've ever seen. It was difficult getting her to move on to the rest of the trail after finding this.








No comments:
Post a Comment